Monday, October 24, 2011

The Help

Released on August 10, 2011: I saw this the day after I finished reading the book. I loved them both.

The chatter has been that Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer should get Oscar noms for this, and I will be very very disappointed if Bryce Dallas Howard doesn't get nommed. She was incredible in this movie... so much so, that I kind of feel like I don't like her because of the character she played. She was THAT good.

The only thing in the movie that I liked better in the book was the story of what happened to Constantine. Didn't like the way the movie handled that at all. If I hadn't read the book, I suppose I would have been okay with it. But I was kinda cranky with that part of the movie storyline.

I also think the movie adaptation made Skeeter's mom a lot more likable than she was in the book. But I guess I was okay with that... except for the aforementioned handling of the Constantine story.

As a whole, this was phenomenal. In both forms!

No comments:

Post a Comment