Saturday, January 14, 2012

We Bought a Zoo

Released on December 23, 2011:

This has been a big year for movies based on books and I have a couple in my Top Ten List. At some point, I'm going to have to put a cut-off date on said list. Unfortunately, so many movies get limited release dates at the end of the year to be considered for Oscar noms and I don't get to see them until several months in to the next year.

This movie wasn't a true adaptation of the book, and to be honest, I liked the movie a LOT better than the book. And now I want to buy a zoo ;)

I can't decide if the best part of the movie was the animals... or Maggie Elizabeth Jones, the little girl who played Rosie. What a sweet little thing.

The dynamic between Matt Damon and Colin Ford (who played his son) was excellent. And Thomas Hayden Church never disappoints. I moved past my ScarJo girl crush when she started dating Sean Penn, but I really liked her in this part.

I knew going into it that I would love it. And I wasn't wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment