Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Other Woman

Released on February 6, 2011 (opened in Russia in 2009): I thought I was an expert on all things Oscar, but this one has me stumped. The movie opened in Russia 3 years ago and then opened in the US this year. So, I'm wondering if it is Oscar-eligible this year?

Because if it is, I think Natalie Portman deserves a second-in-a-row nomination. She was really, really good in this movie (and, unfortunately, Lisa Kudrow was really really not! It pains me to say that.)

I'm not a fan of movies (or TV shows or books or whatever) where people are cheating on each other and as much as I wanted to hate Portman's character it was really hard to do so. Luke and Leia's mom is turning into a phenomenal leading lady and it makes me all giddy.

I really enjoyed this. In a different year that wasn't so superhero filled, I would probably rank it in my Top Ten. I'm curious to see what happens during Awards Show Season with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment