Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Take Me Home Tonight

Released on March 4, 2011: I'm a sucker for 80's nostalgia. I'm also a sucker for Topher Grace. Why he hasn't been in more movies or starred in more TV shows is beyond me.

This was only at our theater for about two weeks and never even made it to the second-run, so I actually shelled out the money to watch this on-demand in the comfort of my recliner... while noshing on marshmallow coated popcorn. This is a real thing. I bought it that way ;)

So... I loved hearing all the 80's music and Topher was pretty believable as a 22ish college grad working at the video store. Entertainment Weekly included this in their "Watch This, Not That" (or whatever they call it) column last week as the entry for "Not That". (The "Watch This" item was Better Off Dead, which is one of my all-time favorite movies... and personally I think comparing the two is unfair especially since BOD was actually filmed IN the 80's.) It wasn't THAT bad.

But it wasn't exactly fantastic, either. The premise was great, the follow-through... not so much. Anna Farris was great as a completely against-type character.

It was kinda boring. Which makes me sad. I had such high hopes.

1 comment:

  1. This is one that I was kinda looking forward to as well. I, too, adore Topher Grace. I wish he was in more movies. He is just adorable. I will still give it a go but I won't rush to see it.

    ReplyDelete