Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Released on June 28, 2011: I adore this current trend of taking a slice of history and inserting an entire movie into it as part of the plot (ie X-Men: First Class). It makes me want to go read a book about that part of history. When they include real footage in the movie, well that's even better.

This was a very long movie. But I really enjoyed it. Michael Bay can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned and I love his theatrics. Getting NASA and the US Air Force to go along with his conspiracy theories is a huge added bonus.

I read a month or so ago that Shia LeBeouf was probably done with these movies. I'm going to miss Sam Witwicky (and not just because saying "Witwicky" is really fun). I love his geekiness and I love that his best friend is a bright yellow Chevy Camaro that communicates with him via the radio.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a space geek (unless we're referencing a galaxy far, far away), but I do have a NASA magnet on my refrigerator ;) The subject is actually very interesting to me but it's nothing I've really spent much time researching. Maybe I should change that. I just love how the topic of the moon landing was used in this movie.

My only complaint (aside from the fact that nobody ever comes out of these epic battles with so much as a broken arm) is that I really did miss Megan Fox. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley did a fine job, but I do have a girl crush on Megan.

As with Fast Five, this movie isn't going to change anyone's life... unless it prompts you to pursue a career with NASA. But it was a whole lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. This is good to know. I was really on the fence about this movie. I'm not gonna see it in the theater but I will definitely give it a shot on dvd now. The last one of these was not very good, imo so I was REALLY worried about this. I also love the historicial tie ins.

    ReplyDelete