Sunday, August 7, 2011

Super 8

Released on June 10, 2011: My favorite part of this movie was the nostalgic feel to it and at the same time, my biggest complaint was that I didn't find Kyle Chandler's character believable in that time period. I can't explain it.

And, well, okay. That wasn't my biggest complaint. I hated the ending. It just seemed to wrap itself up into a nice little package a little too quickly. (The "during the credits" scene was pretty cool, though.) And I'm thoroughly baffled by the title. I must be missing something... unless that's done intentionally.

The movie had a distinct Steven Spielberg feel to it and JJ Abrams has said it was an homage to him. He did a fantastic job in that respect. And I can't say I didn't like it, because I did. But I don't think I'll ever watch it again, which is unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment