Sunday, August 7, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

Released on July 22, 2011: So I broke down and went to see Cap at the good ole Regal Cinema. I had a rough weekend and was miserably cranky, so I figured I'd treat myself.

I did not love this as much as I anticipated that I would. Which doesn't mean I didn't like it. It's just that my hopes and expectations were VERY high and it just didn't quite make it. I still liked it a lot, and I CANNOT WAIT until the Avengers movie comes out next May.

I had three main problems with this movie...
  • Before Steve Rogers turns into Captain America, he's a scrawny little guy whose khaki pants fit him perfectly. (Very cool how they did that, btw.) After he is given the serum and turns all muscular (and gorgeous), his pants still fit his waist. They're too short, but they should also have not fit him at all. Okay, that's not a HUGE problem but it annoyed me.

  • It took too long to get into the storyline... the beginning kind of dragged a bit.

  • I hated the ending. Because it didn't end. Ugh.


  • Admittedly, I'm being harder on this than I would a different movie. But.. but... I wanted to LOVE it and I just didn't. Chris Evans was awesome, though. And I loved that Howard Stark was part of the movie. I was also thrilled that they showed an Avengers trailer after the credits! That made my mood brighten right up!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment